Senior Consultant - RCH - PIP
Roles and Responsibilities of Senior Consultant - RCH - PIP
- Analysing and appraising annual Programme Implementation Plans (PIPs) prepared by state / UTs.
- Provide handholding to States/UTs in preparation of annual PIPs through provision of technical assistance to State Programme Management Units in development of health plans and subsequent reflection of monetary requirements in their PIPs, consistent with the national guidelines.
- Undertake planning visits to the States/UTs for assisting them in need-based budgeting and financial planning for RMNCH+A activities.
- Act as the primary interface of the RCH programme with the programme managers in the States/UTs and coordinate with them for timely submission of State PIPs.
- Coordinate with different technical divisions under RCH programme of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare for providing relevant inputs on the State PIPs.
- Ensure internal consistency within the State PIPs and its adherence with operational guidelines and protocols developed by the technical divisions.
- Undertake compilation and consolidation of all inputs and comments received from the technical divisions and communicate the same to States/UTs in order to ensure revision of State PIPs.
- Prepare comprehensive PIP appraisal notes for detailed review of State PIPs during the National Programme Coordination Committee (NPCC) meetings for finalization of PIPs.
- Preparation of draft Record of Proceedings (RoPs) of RCH programme based on the discussions and decisions taken during the NPCC meetings, in coordination with the technical divisions.
- Work with the planning division of NHM for finalization of RoPs for all the States/UTs.
- Interact with the States/UTs for timely submission of supplementary RCH proposals based on the programmatic needs and roll-out of newer initiatives.
- Scrutinize and process supplementary proposals submitted by the State/UTs for approval of additional funding or for re- appropriation of available funds.
- Participate in Common Review Mission of NHM for assessment of achievements made by the states and for identification of service delivery bottlenecks, and suggest appropriate steps to overcome them.
- Undertake other assignments, which may be assigned from time to time by the Reporting Authority.
- Delivery of all the above tasks in a time bound manner.
Eligibility for Senior Consultant - RCH - PIP
- Post Graduate degree in Social Work/ Health Management/ MBA from a reputed and recognized institution;
- Minimum 5+ years of work experience, out of which 3-4 years must be in RCH programme at national or state level.
- Preference will be given to candidates with the experience of analyzing state Programme Implementation Plans.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Excellent coordination skill and ability to work under pressure and in time bound manner.
- Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, Power Point & Web surfing to search relevant data & documents.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Working knowledge of Hindi also desirable.
- Willingness to travel to states & districts to provide technical assistance & ability to work on different assignments simultaneously to meet the timelines for assignments.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have worked in RCH programme under the National Health Mission at National or State level.
- Formal educational qualification, experience and age could be relaxed when there is work experience of specific relevance.