Senior Consultant - Nursing and Midwifery
Roles and Responsibilities of Senior Consultant - Nursing and Midwifery
- Responsible for Programme Implementation Plan(PIP) of allocated States- state PIP- review component wise budgets, ensure adherence to norms and provide inputs to States as required, and submission of final PIPs for discussion at the National Programme Coordination Committee meetings.
- Responsible for facilitating continuous improvement in quality of Family Planning service delivery through training of supervisory staff, ANMs/SNs and MOs during field visits.
- Assessment of progress against approved State plans through analysis of reports received/ data available in HMIS/survey data etc. under Family Planning Programme. Dissemination of information based on programme monitoring data to the States. Able to triangulate data with various sources like HMIS, NFHS etc.
- Undertake periodic field visits to States/UTs and districts to review FP programme implantation, identify challenges and support States/UTs for overcoming these challenges.
- Preparation of periodic reports on programme performance.
- Formulating and handling reports pertaining to national and international commitments in Family Planning made by the Government of India.
- Key priority areas of work will be to monitor current FP Schemes e.g. FPIS, FP- LMIS.
- Review of existing FP guidelines and preparation of revised guidelines.
- Provide assistance to States to bring about continuous process improvement in planning and monitoring systems for improving service delivery/quality under Family Planning Programme.
- Delivery of all the above tasks in a time bound manner.
- Undertake any other responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
Eligibility for Senior Consultant - Nursing and Midwifery
- MBBS /BAMS/B.Sc.Nursing graduate with Masters in Public Health.
- Minimum 5 plus years of post qualification experience in public health with atleast 3 years in Family Planning at the national/state level.
- Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, Power Point & Web surfing to search relevant data & documents.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Willingness to travel to states & districts to provide technical assistance.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have worked in National Health Mission at National or State level.
- Formal educational qualification, experience and age could be relaxed when there is published work of high quality or whenever there is work experience of specific relevance.