Senior Consultant - Family Planning
Roles & Responsibilities of Senior Consultant - Family Planning
- The Consultant will be based at Family Planning Division of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and will directly work under the supervision of Deputy Commissioner, Family Planning. Specific responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- Undertake all activities required to ensure provision of quality TA to the state governments, to ensure that the trainings/workshops are conducted according to the established quality parameters including liaising and logistics management.
- Support in technical updates and new technology updation for FP division.
- Overall monitoring of the FP program in the states including the monitoring of the expenditure patterns of the approved budgets of FP interventions and suggest timely corrective actions to states/UTs so as to rectify problems as and when identified.
- Provide high quality analyzed data and reports for the review meetings, annual reports, annual action plans and dissemination as and when required.
- Appraise the FP component of state program implementation plan (PIPs) under NHM of all states/UTs of the country and suggest appropriate actions to strengthen them further. Follow up to ensure that suggestions are satisfactorily addressed in the revised state PIPs.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with States, State Health Societies, training institutions and medical colleges in the states/UTs. Monitor the trainings and assist states/UTs in developing the training calendar and follow up the training activities.
- Conduct performance standard assessment and assess all aspects of post training support from the state health department to trained service provider.
- Periodically visit states/districts/facilities to identify strengths and weaknesses and monitor the field activities, progress of all ongoing trainings, for onsite data verification and supportive supervision to ensure data quality at the state and district levels as well as discuss steps to overcome the identified weaknesses. Timely follow up to ensure that the agreed steps are implemented. Prepare the report of the same and share with FP division, suggest corrective actions to states/UTs and further follow up for the rectifications made.
- Any other work assigned by supervisor from time to time.
Eligibility for Senior Consultant - Family Planning:
- MBBS/BDS/BHMS/BAMS/BPT + MD/MPH/MHA/Post Graduate Diploma in Health Management/MBA in Health Management.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in the field of public health of which 2-3 years' experience in Reproductive and Child Health (RCH) with government at national or state level. Preference will be given to candidates who have worked with NHM/RCH at National/State Level.
- Familiarity with the Indian Health System, key stakeholders and relevant government policies/strategies particularly National Health Mission.
- Strong critical analysis and report writing skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills both in Hindi and English.
- Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with management and field staff.
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively.
- Formal educational qualification and experience could be relaxed when there is published work of high quality or whenever there is work experience of specific relevance.