Criminals may impersonate Organizations such as government agencies, charitable trusts, relief funds, foundations etc. connected to Covid-19 and other relief services. These criminals pose as officials or representatives from Govt. revenue authorities, representatives of Disease Control & Prevention authorities, healthcare workers or healthcare groups / institutions and may send communications as appearing to come from such authorities or from other legitimate sources (asking for / soliciting payments, donations / charity or relief in the name of Covid-19 Relief / Care Funds or Foundations).
- Do not download unknown attachment or click unknown links received through SMS / Email / social media, they may be malware and can be used for stealing personal or financial data. They may be used to take control of the users devices (Mobile / laptop / desktop etc.). Never share personal account number and its details with any other person, especially an unknown person.
- Keep your ATM / Credit card / Net-banking / UPI PIN and password confidential. Change Bank related password from time to time.
- Never share account details / INB Credentials ie., internet banking related information of your account / ATM Cards details etc. with anyone over phone or through email / link provided in email / SMS for any purpose.
- Banks or any of their representatives never sends email / SMS or calls to customers to get customers personal information, password or one-time SMS (High security) password.
- Avoid relying on contact number and details available on Google Search Engine for getting Bank Branch Contact details. Use only concerned authorized Bank website for this purpose.
- Take immediate actions to bring the details of such fraudulent and fake offers / incidents to the notice of local police authorities / nearest Bank Branch of your account.